Saturday 9 March 2013

THIS IS IT

There is a turning point in everyone's life. There was one in mine too. And that was shifting to Mumbai.

When I got up into that plane on 3rd March 2012 little did I know what life had in store for me. I was sad at leaving my perfectly settled life in Delhi, but also excited at the same time to experience this new chapter of my life that was just about 2 hours away from getting unfolded. I won't get into the details about my life as it was last year because I have planned a separate blog post for it that would come up the day I complete one year in Mumbai. Today I want to talk about how I feel as I stand at the threshold of taking my first step into my last year of school.

Tomorrow, that is, the March 11 2013, I begin will with grade 12. Am I nervous? Kind of! Am I frightened? Maybe a little. But you know what I'm completely sure about? I am excited, brimming with energy and my my mind is overflowing with dreams, goals and aspirations that I have set for myself and have decided to work day and night in order to achieve. But then again, I have been trying to keep my optimism levels under check and my excitement levels under constant scrutiny because this huge bubble that has already been blown up, that hosts everything that I feel, just needs a pin prick to burst, and the pain that I might feel then would be excruciating enough to dampen my spirits for the rest of the year that is to come.

I simply can't let that happen. I simply can't let myself, or others to whom I matter down. I realize that THIS IS IT! It's similar to a do or die situation for what I do this year would be a faint reflection of how the rest of my life would be. 

But that doesn't mean that I won't get to have fun does it? I don't think so. I will live life in every way possible. Do my work diligently, but occasionally break free too and not give up on any of my hobbies or any of other things that I like to do.

Grade 12 is going to be difficult, just like every other challenge. But its difficulty level is what makes it so much fun right? And hopefully it with bring with it many more memories, and a plethora of experiences that would bring a smile on my face later when I would travel down the memory lane.

Antara


2 comments: