Sunday 23 June 2013

This is a poem that really didn't come to me that spontaneously. Even the title took me really long to figure out. My mind was overflowing with so many thoughts and I almost thought that it would be impossible to get it all out on paper. This poem is based on a few incidents from my life where I repeatedly saw my family's fault and felt that others were my real well wishers. But each time when I fell, it was them who actually helped me get back up on my feet. Maybe I still am young to skillfully see through people and their intentions. I don't really blame anybody, for every fall that they caused made me stronger and got me closer to my family. 

Flight

Two steps at once
A leap or two
I'm far from being sad
Done being blue
I'm sweet and young
A bird so free
I leave my cage 
I leave my tree
Fly over each mountain
Taste the breeze
Feel the sunshine
My soul release
Let the rain
Wash my each scar
I realize
I have gone too far.

I see around
Find nowhere to go
My home? My family?
My world goes slow
Darkness approaches
Vultures fly by
I regret having left
I regret having tried.

With my hopes all lost
I cry away
Just then I see
Life coming my way
My family, they were there
They take me back
To warmth and care
What here I did lack.

I realize my sin
Impatience to be free
Before I even knew
What out there could be
I heard my family
Each time since then
I patiently wait
To fly again....



2 comments: