Tuesday 5 February 2013

Mind V/S Heart



Who would have thought or possibly known
How my life would change, as time turns back,
I retrospect, each moment a little more
I try to understand what I did lack.

Was it immaturity, or immense ignorance?
Was it just plain lack of experienced sight?
When my mind and heart were entangled in war
My poor soul did what it thought was right.

Mind or Heart? If that is what you want to know,
Who won over? Who was proved right?
Though I followed my heart and heard my soul
It lead to agony, misery and plight.

The raging inferno kept glowing more
Engulfed in its flames defeated I lay
Yet satisfied that I was fully aware
Of my actions kept my sense of fear at bay.

Mind or heart? I still ponder at times,
Which one to hear when I am stuck?
Whichever I do, I should feel it's right
Victory or defeat is just a matter of luck.

Antara

2 comments:

  1. When in a battle between your head and heart,
    listen to your heart its always true.
    The head lies to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True.... But the heart most of the times tells you what's morally right. The mind tells you things that keep you out of trouble.

      Delete